The Vilano Aluminum Road Bike 21 Speed Shimano is great for fast riding, fitness riding and commuting. The Shimano Easyfire shifters offer fast and reliable gear shifting, equipped with alloy V-brakes to give better braking power.
This Vilano Aluminum commuter road bike features a double butted Aluminum frame and a high tensile straight blade fork. It also includes riser handlebars, 700c double-walled rims, water bottle mounts, rear rack mounts and ergo comfort saddle.
The 6061 alloy frame was well constructed, it also included a number of branded and good quality components including Kenda tires, Shimano EF-65 shifter, Shimano 21-speed drivetrain and the seat post is made of alloy.
Product Specifications and Features of Vilano Aluminum Road Bike 21 Speed Shimano
- Shimano 21-speed drivetrain
- Shimano Easyfire shifters
- 700c double-walled wheel rims with Kenda 700 x 28 tires
- 6061 Double Butted Aluminum Frame
- Hi-Ten steel straight blade Fork
- Shimano MF-TZ21 7 speed Freewheel
- Hubs: 32-hole KT Alloy w/ Quick Release
- Alloy Linear Pull V-Brake
- Alloy seat post with Ergo Comfort saddle
- Weight (shipping): 35 pounds
The Vilano Aluminum Road Bike 21 Speed Shimano receives a good feedback at Amazon and at this time rated 4.1 out of 5 stars.
The assembly is really fast and easy since most of the components were factory assembled and required a very minimum or no adjustment at all. However, for those who do not have any past experience or basic mechanical know how it is highly recommended to get advice or let your local bike shop to do it. The Vilano Aluminum road bike 21 speed shimano is fast, the gears stay in place and the brakes definitely do the job. The wheels, the brakes, and derailleur worked properly.
It has received some complaints from a number of customers. A couple of unfavorable remarks are significant in particular, so it needs to be kept in mind by the future customer. Also, a number of customers have reported that the particular components of the Vilano Aluminum road bike 21 speed shimano are not of the best quality.
- Some minor adjustment needed to the rims and the brakes prior to riding since the bike is not aligned well initially.
- It also found that the Shimano derailleurs, especially the front one are fairly difficult to adjust, hence the shifter could not be shifted properly.
- The stock saddle may comfortable for some rider, it appears to be too narrow.
- The Vilano’s customer service is very excellent, assistance is always available and shipping is prompt. Most customers very appreciate and delight with the customer service.
- At the price tag around $300, many customers don’t mind spending a little extra to upgrade some of the components.
- The aluminum frame is quite lightweight and double-butted for extra strength.
5 Reasons To Buy Flat Bar Road Bike
- Comfort riding position – With the MTB style riser bars it offers a much more relax geometry compare to the typical road bike. Thus allows a good low riding position for fitness and great comfort for a daily commute.
- Speed and efficiency – The fully rigid frame that allows the rider to push the bike effortless and efficiently. It has an ability to move at high speed, and also capable to maintains the momentum.
- Drivetrain – The middle range of gearing between the high gears of a road bike to the low gear of MTB give an advantage on maintaining its high speed on the flat line, while low gearing options are to deal with uphill climbing and to tackle on extra weight loaded.
- Versatility – With its relaxed design geometry the flat bar road bike is very versatile and functional. It not only great for urban commuters but also for fitness riding and touring. The rigid frames constructed from chromoly and aluminum are robust enough to hold with extra load and deal with the rough road.
- General purpose bike – Due to its versatility it is simply the good all-rounder bike. The design is perfect for general purpose use such as for urban commuter, to work or to nearby shops, recreational riding activities or for touring journey.
In conclusion, the quality of the components is simply exceeding the expectations of its price range. Thus the bike is very light and responsive and it is still a cheap bike with some very entry level components.
Even though the stock parts may not the best quality, however, it still satisfies for the most casual or entry level riders. For more passionate riders, the Vilano Aluminum road bike 21 speed shimano is a great platform for customization.