The GMC Denali Pro road bike is the little brother to the popular Denali LTD. This bike features with a high-quality, handcrafted, lightweight 22-inch aluminum frame that delivers a stiff, responsive ride.
GMC Denali Pro has a 16-speed drivetrain, which comes with integrated brake/shift levers. Hence, the rider can easily brake and shift without lifting their hands from the handlebar. A good dual-pivot brake system keeps rider safe while riding rocky terrain, rougher concrete, or asphalt.
Other features include a steel fork, aluminum rims with stainless-steel spokes, 700c x 25 tires, and an alloy crank. The Denali Pro bike is designed for riders with the height around 5’9″ to 6′ 1″, with a standover height of 31.5 inches. The Denali PRO road bike is available in 56cm sized frame only.
This type of road bike is designed for a longer distance ride, at a fairly fast rate of speed. This is achieved by having thinner tires and aluminum frame, which improves the aerodynamics of GMC Denali Pro road bike. The 16-speed drivetrain provides rider the navigating ability on flat surfaces as well as on rolling hills or landscapes.
CLICK HERE to find the best price available on Amazon and to read some more of the product features and specifications.
Product Features and Specifications
- High-quality road bike with lightweight 22-inch aluminum frame
- 16-speed Microshift drivetrain with integrated brake/shift levers
- Dual-pivot brake system helps you stop on a dime
- Aluminum rims with stainless-steel spokes; 700c x 25 tires
- Recommended height range of 5 9 to 6 1
This bike looks much more expensive than the actual price. The GMC Denali pro road bike is very responsive, comfortable to ride, and very fast. It rides very nice for an average rider. The seat could be better, but the gear shifter very responsive. Assembly may take about 1 hour to assemble by an average person and another 30 minutes to set all the adjustments.
However, it is suggested that you take the bicycle to a bike shop for assembly if you are not used to working on a cycle of this caliber. For optimum settings making adjustments to the brakes and hubs as well as organizing the cables should be left to an experienced bicycle mechanic.
- Most of the complaints from consumers were about the saddle. This is no surprise since it comes with a generic stock road bike saddle. Upgrading for a better one will make a major improvement.
- One of the customers found that the toe straps on the pedals came undone from the mounting position on the pedals several times. However, it easily solved by squeezing the mounting tabs on the straps to keep it in place.
- Another issue highlighted by another reviewer was the inner tubes. He experienced five flat tires in two weeks. Then he also discovered that the rims are a smaller size than tire size of 700c.
- Another consumer complained that he rode the GMC road bike for about three weeks and discovered a loose flywheel. Needless to say, he was less than pleased with his purchase too.
- Main selling point of this bike is its micro-shift gear system. It was??modeled??after a high-end rapid fire mountain bike shifter. The micro-shift gear system is placed just behind the brake levers, which allows for easy and convenient shifting.
- One of the consumers had ridden a distance of over 100 miles at one time without any mechanical problems. He noted that the dual pivot brakes functioned well in terms of control and stopping ability.
- The bike handles well and provides a comfortable ride. One of the reviewers was able to maintain a steady speed of about 20 miles per hour, so the bike is remarkably fast.
Overall, a GMC Denali Pro Road Bike is a good entry level road bike or a beginners road bike for riders who have never owned a road bike before. The majority of the reviewers preferred the speed and durability of the road bike, while a few of them faced a few issues with the bike.
This road bike is recommended to everyone who is looking for a great and inexpensive entry level road bike. It also an ideal option for anyone who either wants a backup or has never ridden this kind of road bike before.
You can CLICK HERE to find the best price available for the GMC Denali Pro road bike through Amazon.com and to find further information to help you make an informed buying decision.