This 21 speeds Diamondback Sorrento mountain bike comes with the Shimano drivetrain for climbing power and the Tektro alloy linear pull brakes are great for stopping power. It will help you stop on the way down. The double wall alloy rims provide stability and comfort the entire ride. The 2013 Diamondback Sorrento is gray and comes in five sizes: XS (14 “), SM (16″), MD (18 “), LG (20″), XL (22 “). This Sorrento is just perfect for any condition, whether you’re riding around the town, your neighborhood, or a trail.
>>Visit Amazon for best price and customer reviews<<
Features of Diamondback Sorrento Mountain Bike
- Butted 6061-T6 Aluminum Sorrento MTN/Path Frame
- 60mm Travel Suspension Fork
- Shimano Altus 7spd Rear Derailleur/ tourney front Derailleur
- Weinmann Double Wall Alloy Rims
- Tektro Alloy Linear Brakes w/3 Finger Levers
This is perfect for the beginners to deal with the smooth or rough road. The assembly and adjustment is easy and the ride is very smooth and comfortable. Also, the quality of the frame is good and the gears shift smoothly and the best part is, its come with the very affordable price.
This best hardtail mountain bike under 1000 has met or exceeded my expectations for my level of use on the paved trail or dirt trail. Also, the quality is great for the price, it may not be at the top end of the biking pyramid but perhaps it is one of the best out there at this price range.
- There are five frame size available
- This bike is very lightweight and the brakes are amazing
- Gear shifting is responsive
- Five frame size options
- Rides great, easy and fast
- Solid and sturdy frame
- The seat of the Diamondback Sorrento mountain bike is bit uncomfortable. Therefore, it is impossible to ride this bike for more than a few minutes without a good seat cover or a replacement seat. I prefer using one of those gel based seat covers.
- Also, there are a lot of adjustments are needed for the derailleurs and brakes. However, if you are familiar with the assembly, you can easily fix it, otherwise, take it to the bike shop to fix it.
CHECK HERE for a great low price at Amazon.com.
For the beginner, Diamondback Sorrento is great and for the price of $1000, this bike is a steal. The shifting is smooth, handles the terrain, the brakes are standard. It is not the disc brakes but for this bike, it is adequate. The shock absorbers are fairly good and work well as its intended. The gear transition is smooth and the Shimano 21 gears drivetrain is great.
It has good and sturdy construction; frame and welds are very well done. The included Shimano components are pretty good, though, of course, not top of the line at this price.
Overall, this Diamondback Sorrento mountain bike is more suited for a mix of gentle unpaved and paved trails along with some city riding rather than full-fledged hardcore mountain biking. So it is a perfect bike for the price, this is one of the best hardtail mountain bikes under 1000 that are great for the money.
>>Click here to see more prices and reviews on Amazon<<