Buyers Guide For Best Road Bikes Under $300
There are different types of road bikes for sale and deciding which bike would be best for you can be tricky if you are buying one for the first time. In this handy buyer guide we have put together information to help you to find the best road bike to fit your needs and your budget.
The road bike is designed for fast and efficient riding, and is one of the great ways of outdoor exercising to improving fitness, commuting to works/or around town, bike touring, or even getting into road racing or a triathlon.
Today, road bikes have become very affordable. They are available in various designs, colors, and sizes. If you are looking for the best road bikes, read on to find out the features and benefits on the best road bikes under $300.
1. Takara Kabuko Road Bike
The bike is constructed with a strong handcrafted steel frame with horizontal dropouts to provide strength and durability to the bike. Fits riders with 5 feet, 8 inches tall to 6 feet tall with a standover clearance of 31 inches.
Features a superior frame, which can easily take on pot holes and road imperfections. At under $300, the bike is perfect for cycling around the city. It can also accommodate riders who are more than 6 feet tall. Weighs 29.5 pounds.
- Durable, Lightweight, and Versatile,
- Easy to assemble
- Few flat tire issues reported
- Seat is not comfortable
2. Giordano Rapido Road Bike
At a little over 26 pounds, it is considered one of lightest road bikes available. Giordano Rapido Road Bike is made for people who would like to go cycling around the city.
The durable Giordano road bike has Aluminium frame, which gives sturdiness and light weight. The Giordano also features a steel fork, alloy side pull breaks, alloy rims, alloy hub, and Kenda tires.
- Made for city riding
- Expensive looks
- Flip-flop hub for fixie or freewheel mode
- Meant for tall riders
- Seat bit harder and feels cheap
3. Track Fixie Single Speed Road Bike
The Fixie Single Speed Road Bike frame is made of steel and it comes with double walled wheels with machined sides, fixed gears, and threadless forks. It is indeed one of the best fixie road bikes today. The bike is equipped with front and rear brakes and a flip-flop rear hub for easy conversion from single speed to fixed gear. This bike is great for the money and one of the best road bikes you can buy for only $250.
- Great value for money
- Seat little harder and quite uncomfortable
- Brake a little weak
4. Schwinn Men’s Prelude Bicycle (BBWhite)
- Dependable and affordable
- Best road bike for beginners
- Excellent stability and lightweight.
- Streamlined ride, easy shifting, and was an ideal fit for his height and size.
- Inner tubes being shredded by the rim, causing punctures at the rim side.
- Small size of frame
5. Schwinn Exit Freewheel Single Speed Road Bike (700c Wheels)
Schwinn Exit Freewheel Single Speed Road Bike is a sporty and fast freewheel road bike. Features an aluminum single speed road frame and steel road fork. It has high profile 36-hole color matched rims and front and rear caliper brakes.
- Sturdy and has a good speed
- Assembly is easy
- Light, solid, and a good price.
- Good looking bikes
- Seat is not very comfortable
- Lack of high-end components
- Frame is small and not comfortable for rider at or above six feet of height